Thread: ogilvy or ecogold

Been There, Done That, Got the Tshirt prospect's Avatar

ogilvy or ecogold

I am treating myself to some new dressage pads for my younger horse - so I was looking at these at the royal - wanted to know everyone's opinions

thanks

Here are links to the web sites:

[a href=\'https://www.ecogold.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=saddle+pad&x=0 &y=0\' target=\'_blank\' rel=\'nofollow\']ecogold[/a]

[a href=\'http://www.ogilvyequestrian.com/index.php?pr=drdeck\' target=\'_blank\' rel=\'nofollow\']ogilvy[/a]
    CHECK OUT OUR NEW HAY FEEDERS www.prospectequinefarms.com

Seduced By The Power cressiegirl's Avatar

ogilvy or ecogold

Which type of Ecogold saddle pad are you looking at (your link gives a page with all of them!)? If you're just looking at the square frictionless Ecogold pads, I'm not sure that you can compare them to the Ogilvys since they serve different purposes...

All That & A Bag of Chips ChevalCanadian's Avatar

ogilvy or ecogold

Agree with Cressiegirl, which ones are you looking at getting? I have one of the ecogold frictionless pads, and I just purchased 2 of the Ogilvy pads at the royal last weekend. Its hard to compair the two. They are both really nice.

ogilvy or ecogold

I used to love the ecogold pads... but then had a few in a row that did not turn out well. they washed horribly. The client that they belonged to sent them back and as always ecogold was a pleasure to deal with, but I don't know if i would spend that much on a saddle pad again that doesn't wash well. I don't know what happened, if they changed something in the way they were made, or what, but we were not happy with them at all. :huh:

I still love my old ones though!!! :wub:

Been There, Done That, Got the Tshirt

ogilvy or ecogold

What do the underside of the ecogold pads look like? I need seamless ones (no quilted pads, no thread, etc.) They called some of their pads seamless but is is really seamless? Cannot have anything underneath.

Currently use sheepskin with wither relief but I am always looking for other pads.