Thread: Cooler weather

Cooler weather

Mornings are getting a bit chilly and the temps this week are much lower. That means less bugs, less stomping, happy horses.
    A Loud Rider Makes A Deaf Horse

Yeah, I have to pretty much give up the shorts in the morning. lol
    Sometimes I just think funny things - Dudley Moore in Arthur

Been There, Done That, Got the Tshirt 1horse2many's Avatar
    Yes! My favorite time of year! Most riding days possible with coolest temps. Chevy does get a wee bit friskier but the difference is slight!

All That & A Bag of Chips
    Usually I LOVE fall and can't wait for it - relief from the heat and bugs and fly spray and bugs and... But now we don't have the farm I don't want summer to END!!! I love my covered decks and sitting out in the morning having tea watching the dogs play, admiring my beautiful perennial flower beds. WHAAAAA!!!!

I'm not ready for this cooler weather. We had such a terrible summer I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I know. In August I refuse to wear long pants in the morning.
    So I usually freeze. lol

Blog Entries
    It's only another three days, SE. Then it will be safely September and you can wear pants!

I had to put a blanket on Rory yesterday morning so he could warm up while I rode Brat. At least the day warms up quickly. Rory was almost sweaty when I brought him in.

I sort of started my new job yesterday - and it's going to take a bit for me to figure out the new routine. Same company, different job, vastly different schedule. The boys will be wondering when I show up at odd times.
    Chestnuts now has a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/CustomChestnuts

I know I just pulled out some fuzzy (sweatshirt material) capri's. I figure those will do for a bit ...Indian Summer I hope!

All That & A Bag of Chips DiamondJubilee's Avatar
    Crazy weather for sure!! I also enjoy the cooler weather as it means no bugs (well, at least less of them) and the ponies seem to enjoy the freshness as well! They have had their fly sheets off for the past few days and I'm sure they are also glad for that!

I was up at a crazy hour on saturday (4:45am) for a 10km mud run in Caledon (first time doing this!) and it was only 7C. Some people said it was 3C just north of us! Crazy!! I'm not quite ready for it to be that cold...yet.

The past few mornings have been a bit better at 12C. Now that I can handle

Seduced By The Power Christmas_Carol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondJubilee View Post
    Crazy weather for sure!! I also enjoy the cooler weather as it means no bugs (well, at least less of them) and the ponies seem to enjoy the freshness as well! They have had their fly sheets off for the past few days and I'm sure they are also glad for that!

I was up at a crazy hour on saturday (4:45am) for a 10km mud run in Caledon (first time doing this!) and it was only 7C. Some people said it was 3C just north of us! Crazy!! I'm not quite ready for it to be that cold...yet.

The past few mornings have been a bit better at 12C. Now that I can handle
    COOLER is one thing, frost? Entirely another! I got up at some point in the night to seal up all the windows I was so cold.

Blog Entries
    We have highs in the high 20s forecast for this week! At least the nights are cooling off.

I am adjusting to my new schedule. Sleeping at night wasn't that hard, it's getting a routine for riding that's tough. I find this time of year difficult as I arrive at the barn while it's still light, but it's almost dark by the time I mount up the first time. I haven't managed to ride both in the evening yet. Though some of that is due to working later than I should. Those days I work the afternoon/evening are much easier for riding.

I had forgotten how peaceful it is alone in the barn at night. Somehow moreso than during the day. Seeing the stars again is also a bit of a novelty.
    Chestnuts now has a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/CustomChestnuts

Not funny 4X. I don't want to see the stars. I don't want it to get dark early. I don't want to see the much cooler evenings. I do want summer!